WEEK 04

              COURSERA:

Module 1:

  • In module 1, I learned an introduction to learning, design, and technology as a provincial subject.
  • Our main goal in this Coursera course is to learn the basics of learning technologies and how to apply them, and I will write this blog in light of this. 


Module 1: Introduction to Learning, Design, and Technologies
  • If we want to improve learning technologies, learning, design, and technology elements are the 3 elements that are quite necessary. At the same time, if we want to organize e-learning, these 3 elements are very important.
Now we will try to understand by word meanings why these elements are important;

  1. Learning:  As a word meaning, we can shorten it as developing new information or adding new information to our lives. Of course, it has many more meanings, but I tried to interpret it in the shortest and most beautiful way for myself.
One of the most important parts of learning technologies, in my opinion, is learning, because we must first develop ourselves in one subject and have competence in that subject so that later we can transfer this information to new people or different media

      2. Design:  In short, it can be defined as deciding how to design something rather than how to organize it. In my opinion, if we are designing an application, deciding how the application will be designed or what purpose it will serve and processing it accordingly is a very important step. Because if we do not know why we designed something or what purpose it will serve when we design it, in my opinion, we would be designing a little in vain.
   
      3. Technology: I can define it as a systematic application that allows us to access scientific information, solve some problems and have a better quality of life. If there were no technology today or if it had not developed so much, many of our jobs would have been unfinished, perhaps they would never have been completed, and we would not have developed ourselves so easily. (access to information faster thanks to technology). For this reason, technology occupies a fairly large place in our lives even now, who knows what technologies we will have in the future and we will develop our education system by integrating it with more technology. That's why I think we need to give a big thank you to technology :)



  • Hello again, my dear readers. Although Coursera takes a click longer than I thought, I'm here with part 2. My goal in writing this blog is both to convey to you what I have learned and to ensure that you have a good resource if you want to study💖 If you want it for these purposes, let's start part 2 in a small way.💃💃


 Module 1: From Learning Technologies to E-Learning

  • I really had quite a hard time listening and learning this part, but I can say that I finally understood it. First of all, what attracted my attention a lot in this part was writing with a tool called a writing ball but I don't want to give more copies on this topic, because I aim to beautify this place a little by giving detailed information in the following sections.👀

What is E-Learning?
E-learning can be called teaching through electronic media. The biggest difference from formal education is that there is no time, space, or time limit. E-learning is transferred in a digital environment and access can be provided from anywhere with the Internet. 


  • The application of learning technologies can follow the learning process we want learners to experience. Sometimes, as a teacher, it can be difficult for us to follow the learning process of our students one by one. I think e-learning makes it quite easy for us in this regard. It makes it easier for us to keep track of their status by testing students with various quizzes or different tests.
  • A complex process that has multiple layers of concepts and operations. E-learning is a complex process with multiple layers of concepts and operations. In this regard, learning and teaching can be complex and challenging. But don't say anything is impossible💀, as you learn, you will see how useful and good a system it is.💪


  • General E-Learning goals:
  1. E-learning also should enable learners to relate new knowledge skills and abilities.
  2. To broaden access to learning. 
  3. To align individual learning with organizational learning.
Although e-learning has such a beautiful goal that I can't count as much as every new one, there are also a few negative aspects in some issues. E-learning, as we know, is something that is done through technological tools. And in my own opinion, nothing that happens on the Internet should be trusted, as well as e-learning should not be trusted. There are usually a few problems with the privacy of learners👮. And this is just one of the negative aspects of it, along with all its beautiful features.


There are sometimes deconstructions between learning technologies and e-learning. The biggest of these messes is the "identification" mess. Learning technologies are a branch of science that studies the tools that can be used for the development of learning, and their application. But e-learning can be considered as teaching done through electronic media.
 
  • In my opinion, this is a very important point, and knowing the difference between instructional technologies and e-learning, exam time can save lives.!! 🙊

 Hansen Writing Ball: 

As Coursera also mentioned, the writing ball is a very important development for written printing in history. Of course, before this invention, it was quite difficult to write by hand, especially to produce multiple copies. But thanks to this invention, we can easily reproduce and write our writings.



👀👀INTERESTING INFORMATION👀👀
  •          
  • Nietzsche also put 60 manuscript texts on paper with this writing machine, including this poem, seen below, which contains probably the most striking words written on a typewriter.
  • I wish I had German and I could translate this poem for you, dear readers, but if you are curious about this part, I would like you to research it.💟🙆


    Tomorrow we will talk to you about Coursera module 2. I am also very excited about what I will tell you. I hope it will be a very instructive and interesting article for you and for me.💃💜Please stand by for the module 2 blog.👀👀

Hello, again today I will talk about Coursera Module 2.💃


Module 2: From the Perspective of Human Resource Development

In our Coursera lesson this week, we started with how technology is defined by people. I can say that we learned these definitions in the first part of our lesson, which explains the definition of technology with different dictionaries.

Questions such as what is HDR and what its purpose of use are also found in the second part of the course. In terms of human resource development, technology focuses on different things. Sometimes we use simulations to play games or to see different tutorials, sometimes we look at things that are more concrete to look at the slightly more technical parts, for example, cables like computers. But in general, technology is in such a place in our lives that we are quite connected to it. For example, we can find many more examples like people who go out without headphones or like this. Besides this technology, there is also a very good side, we can give an example of a smartwatch user realizing that he had a heart attack thanks to his smart watch and immediately going to the doctor and saving his life. As I mentioned above, people use technology in different ways.

We can divide them into 4 separate categories, instructional technologies, human performance technologies, learning technologies and performance support technologies. first, let's talk about instructional technologies, in teaching technology, we can define it as the use of technologies that contribute to learning, for example, canva kahoot, etc. we can give applications. Secondly, human performance technologies. frankly, I didn't make much sense when I first heard this, but I'll try to tell you as briefly as I understand when I read it. Human performance technologies are a broader field than teaching technologies and can be used in many places. For example, you are working in a company and you want to analyze the success and work value of your employees, you can use human performance technologies in such transactions. When I say analysis or statistics, excel comes to mind as the most beautiful technology and I think it will be very useful. Thirdly, learning technologies, as a student, if there is a topic that we do not particularly understand, we try to understand this topic using a lot of technologies, this can be youtube, PDFs of our textbooks, or platforms such as coursera. And it is interesting that thanks to our research on a topic that we usually don't understand, and a lot of lessons or videos that we watch to try to understand, it is now the topic that we understand the most about. We can give an example like this to learning technologies. And finally, we will examine the performance support technologies, google is one of the biggest technologies we use under this heading. For example, a doctor or a teacher, of course, cannot know everything that has a branch to the smallest detail, and in this position, google or other technologies enter the dervish. Finally, what is mentioned in the video is this, the evolution of technology over time. Primarily talking about the evolution of television at that time and everything is wired, black and white, the image quality was quite low, but with time and as technology progresses, these technologies also our HDR television has progressed and now our tablet, our computers, our phones, and portable technologies, such as through this technology we have, our learning technologies was well developed, and accordingly, it has become easier for people to learn things.


















Yorumlar

Bu blogdaki popüler yayınlar